Green River Labyrinth Canyon 2017 Special Guided Trips
Our Special Guided Trips are for flexible folks that are traveling solo or with just a few, but still want to get out on the river. On the trip, our guides will load and unload group gear, set-up camp, cook meals, and would enjoy your help with it all. They will show you and help you along on hikes to pictographs, petroglyph sites, and a few small ruins, up to the Bowknot Bend and more. There will be time for relaxing and private time, too. *One small disclaimer: We need a minimum of 4 paddlers to sign-up to make this trip a go (or payment for 4). Group size will not be more than 12. River crew refer to trips like this as, a “mixed bag trip”. For more details, click here.
1.) No Concerns Trip
This is the trip for folks who like to relax and enjoy the comfort and security of traveling with knowledgeable and experienced guides. You do not need to worry about how much food to bring or where the best camp sites and hikes will be. Thanks to your guides’ experience, you just relax and enjoy nice days of paddling on the river, slow moving quiet mornings, watching wild life on the move and the river going by, letting the days fade away sitting around a cozy campfire at the end of the day with a gorgeous starry sky above – with a good “whatever drink you may enjoy”, in hand. Furthermore, your guide can show you special places that most people miss. Trip cost for 5 days is $999 per person.
- March 31st
- April 13th, 20th
- June 19th, 25th
- August 21st, 28th
- September 4th, 11th, 25th
- October 8th, 16th, 24th, 29th
2.) No time, but just HAVE TO get out on the river Trip!
This is the “just paddle trip” for active folks, a 47-river mile trip without much time for hikes. Our guides can help you with everything to become a “do-it-yourself” tripper. Trip cost for 3 days is $749 per person.
- April 10th, 17th
- June 12th
3.) High Water Canoe Trip
If you have canoed fast moving waters before, or really want to try it and are familiar with high water landing and Eddy lines, this trip is for you. Trip cost for 3 days is $749 per person.
By state law, all who go out on the river must be a minimum of 40 pounds in weight. Additionally, children 12 years and younger must always wear a PFD on all Utah State waters.
• We, at Moab Rafting and Canoe Company, serve our guests top notch cuisine. Breakfasts may include juice and hot beverages, fresh fruit, bagels & cream cheese, hot & cold cereal, eggs, and French Toast with pure maple syrup and morning sausage. Lunches are buffet style with bread & delicious Boar’s Head meat, plus selections of fresh veggies, cheese, cookies, and chips. Peanut butter and jelly is an additional option. For dinner, we present fresh salad or vegetables to go along with hearty gourmet entrees featuring the highest quality and richest flavor meat and seafood purchased from our local butcher, Ye Ol’ Geezer Meat Shop. Don’t forget to save room for dessert!
Also, we will bring things like…
• Drinking and cooking water (must be carried in) – 1 gallon per person per day, along with 1 gallon per day for cooking
• Camp gear, Kitchen commissary, Staples, Coolers, Stove, Ice, and Food
TRIP COST INCLUDES:
-Meals from lunch on the first day through lunch on the last day
-Group boating and camping equipment, camp chairs, and the river toilet system
-Transportation to and from the river from our shop in Moab
TRIP COST DOES NOT INCLUDE:
-Transportation to and from Moab
-Personal camping equipment such as tents, sleeping bags, and sleeping pads (You can rent these from us.)
-Gratuities for the guide(s)
-Alcoholic beverages or soda (You are welcome to bring your own for camp.)
-Tax and private launch fee
To reserve your trip date and rental gear: Feel free to call, mail, or email us for date availability. At this point, we will send out a trip packet with more information and a worksheet. Everyone going on the trip must complete it and send it back to us with a $100 non-refundable deposit. If you have to cancel within 30 days of your trip, we will run your card for 50% of your booked reservation total. If you cancel within 14 days of trip or are a “no show”, we will run the card for the whole amount of the reservation. All reservation fees are due in full by the day of the trip.
Again, over the years of booking trips, we have to say that we know the river. But, every trip is different. The time of season, water levels, and much more, make the river fun all of the time! Give us a call and we will be happy to see what kind of trip we can create for you!
- It is our policy to reserve the right to cancel any trip at the last minute due to extreme and unsafe conditions such as high water (over 35,000 c.f.s.), fast-moving water, low water, cold, or high winds. Should this occur, no money will be exchanged. If conditions allow, we can/will postpone for a few hours or to the next day.