River trip! Let us help you!
- Self-Guided Day Canoe Trips
- Self-Guided Multi-Day Canoe Excursions
- Guided Multi-Day Rafting and Canoe Trips
- Shuttle Service for the Self-Trippers
- Camping Equipment Rental
Explore the Colorado Plateau – Canyonlands Country on:
- The Colorado River
- The Green River
- The San Juan River
***We specialize in multi-day trips on the Green and San Juan Rivers!***
Discover your first red rock river expedition of a lifetime with Moab Rafting and Canoe Company! You will come back for more, season after season, year after year! Great memories are made with our company!
The first river you paddle runs through the rest of your life. It bubbles up in pools and eddies to remind you who you are. — Lynn Noel
MRCC prides itself in being a small, locally owned and staffed shop run by canoe and raft enthusiasts! We consider ourselves ambassadors to Moab’s red rock canyon country, and we love to share the joy that we feel every time we walk these canyons or paddle these waters!
Our focus is on personalized customer service and flexibility, qualities that set us apart from the rest!
Our strongest points are our:
- Commitment to providing customized, commissioned, and tailored service for our clients who desire outdoor adventure
- Professional quality equipment
- Our knowledge of the rivers and the area
Years of experience in Utah, and on the Colorado Plateau, gives MRCC a depth of experience rarely seen. Don’t be fooled by this company’s humble appearance…Our crew can run a shop, make your plans, drive the roads, and read the river like no other!
- We are willing work hard for you and give you the kind of experience you are hoping to have out on the river. As a result, the person who takes your reservation may be office staff, your river guide, a shuttle driver, or the answering machine (because we are working with someone on trip details, are out on a shuttle run or the river, or out with the water hose cleaning gear). All of us, except the machine, are concerned with getting your trip arranged and can’t wait to get you out on the river for a beautiful experience! After all, life is better on the river!
- We want to provide our patrons with a place they can call a home away from home by establishing trust, making friends, and building lasting relationships.
Our longer, multi-day trips are calling out to those expedition-minded folks who are interested in all that a river trip can offer, such as:
- Relaxing, unwinding, slowing down, escaping into the remote solitude of the backcountry wilderness, and taking in the fantastic beauty of the canyons and the river; and then,
- Being active, hiking, camping, dealing with unpredictable weather and the elements (wind, heat, cold), mud, sand, and whatever comes next! Expeditions are planned with one main objective in mind, but it is usually the “whatever” entering in that makes for the great stories and special memories.
One of our repeat customers commented, after doing a 10-day, 83 mile river trip, “A trip like this is for everyone who wants to BE here. There are unavoidable discomforts involved in being on the river for so long, but the rewards more than make up for it.”
$45 to $265, per person, per day (depending on your river choice, group size, length of trip, and equipment rental). Our river season is from March 1st to October 31st.
There are many variables to deal with in planning your expedition. The same rivers we are out on day-to-day, are not the same from day-to-day. These are not “free flowing” rivers, so water use up river, as well as weather, causes spring trips to be very different from summer or autumn trips. Canoes, oar rafts, and paddle rafts provide different experiences. Over many river seasons, we have found that it takes at least a few phone calls and/or emails to plan a great trip for great memories, and a few more to finalize it. We’ve designed our website to provide you with a wealth of information and the tools necessary for putting together your best trip – be it solo or group, one day or several, but communication is very important for ironing out details. We will help with trip cost break downs, ideas and questions, and we’ll do our best to help you make your custom red rock river trip a reality!
“You can no more read the same book again than you can step into the same river.”
― Neil Gaiman
Moab Rafting and Canoe Company is a dog-friendly, river trip company!