Where to stay, eat, and other information…
Moab Rafting and Canoe Company is located at 2480 S. Highway 191 in Moab, Utah 84532.
Options on how to get to Moab, Utah:
– Best and easiest option: Fly in to Salt Lake City, Utah airport (SLC), approximately 240 miles from Moab, rent a car there and drive to Moab (or Bluff, Utah for the San Juan River). T0 our knowledge, none of the car rental agencies out of SLC offer a no-charge drop-off option in Moab. Moab is a small, remote town with limited creature comforts and does not offer convenient travel options. If you want to be here, the state is going to make you work for it!
– Drive your own car. Moab is located along Hwy 191, about 30 miles south of I-70.
– Fly in to Grand Junction, Colorado (100 miles from Moab) and rent a car. Thrifty Car Rental has a no-charge drop-off between Moab and Grand Junction. Call (801) 259-7317 or (970) 243-7556.
WHERE SHOULD WE STAY?
Here are a few suggestions that have been popular with our guests. Or, call the Grand County Visitor Center at (800) 635-6622, for a complete listing.
– Rustic Inn (435) 259-6177 in the middle of town. Walk to it all. Did I say older but clean and a pool?
– Bowen Motel (435) 259-7132 on Main Street, right downtown.
– Apache Motel (435) 259-5727 old, clean, and where John Wayne stayed. Cool and a pool.
– Lazy Lizard Hostel (435) 259-6057 cheap and a kitchen. Walk-up showers too.
– Up the Creek Campground (435) 260-1888 for tent campers, in the center of town along Mill Creek, showers and shade.
WHERE IS A GOOD PLACE TO EAT?
– Moab Diner: can you beat diner food? Breakfast anytime!
– Fiesta Mexicana: best Mexican Food in Moab!
– Moab Brewery: food with that beer?
– Singha Thai: great Thai food and mango sticky rice!
– Red Cliffs Lodge (The Cowboy Grill): best sunset view with dinner, off the Colorado River gazing at the Fisher Towers!