|All Featured Content ©2010 Moab Rafting & Canoe Company, L.L.C. - 805 N. Main Street - Moab, UT 84532 - (435) 259-7722 - Site By RCDM
We suggest that you have a detailed river map with you on your trip.
We recommend Belknap's Canyonlands River Guide. We have these
waterproof maps available at our shop for $21.00 including tax, or they are
also sold at other stores.
If you want a bit of background before your trip to Moab here is just a small list
of books to get you in the mood.
· Desert Solitaire by Edward Abbey - the book that brought many of us to
· Canyon Country Geology by F A Barnes - an easy to understand primer on the
geology that created the landscapes of canyon country.
· Wild Bunch at Robbers Roost by Pearl Baker - outlaw history of the area,
including Butch Cassidy; Baker grew up at Robbers Roost with the legends
and personal knowledge of many she writes about.
· Canyonlands River Guide by Belknap - waterproof river map, something you
might want to bring along, available at our shop and other local outlets.
· Legacy on Stone by Sally J. Cole - a survey of the cultural history and rock art
traditions of the ancient inhabitants of the canyons of the Colorado plateau.
· Cadillac Desert by Marc Reisner - another excellent book that looks at the
complexities of Western water rights and usage
· Beyond the Hundredth Meridian by Wallace Stegner - Pulitzer Prize winning
author's account of John W. Powell's pioneering expeditions of the Green and
· Run, River, Run by Ann Zwinger - a naturalist's journey down the Green River
from source to terminus